A litte dms-20 video :)

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 5 12:34:20 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Really depends on the model.   Structrual integrity and tensegrity is
> an important consideration in the model design.  Contact through each
> layer is also significant; if there isn't enough of it, you get a weak
> model.  The kids at Metalab have put a lot of effort into designing
> and understanding the strength issues; what at first may seem like an
> 'easy' object to form, often requires a few passes before you get the
> strength issues optimized ..

In my particular case, they come from Shapeways
(http://www.shapeways.com/), and whilst the material is about 1 mm
thick, it tends to warp. But it's the choice of material, and whilst
they have offered some sort of deal because of my disappointment with
their product, I haven't bothered (yet) to take them up on it. This
being a capitalist society, they will have plenty of competition soon
enough, so I'd like to keep them on their toes.

- Peter