well, I am going to Germany

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 7 17:18:26 CET 2009

Tony Scharf wrote:
> I dont know when exactly its going to be, except that I need to get my
> passport first.  Anything/anyone I should plan to see while I am
> there?

I'm not from that region, but spent a couple of days there. Cologne is a
weird city, it shows all the scars from WWII and subsequent
reconstruction - meaning it's ugly in many parts. There is a very active
music scene though - what it lacks in terms of beauty, it makes up in
active culture. A short train ride away is Bonn, the former capital
city. It is quite the opposite: a smallish, picturesque town beautifully
situated at the banks of the river. It's great to walk the city center.
A good friend of mine used to live there, but soon escaped to Berlin
because he was bored...

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch