Podcasting

Jon Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 5 12:18:44 CET 2009

Gorman, Declan wrote:
> I am looking to create a podcast for my Ableton Unsigned blog but find
> myself slightly confused.  I thought a pod cast was merely a link to an
> audio file that could be downloaded or streamed live.  Am I correct or
> do I need to do something special in order to provide the mix for
> podcasting?  Any help would be appreciated.

It's really more about the RSS feed than audio file itself.  There's an
example RSS file at:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/whatson/podcasts/specs.html#example which
should work with iTunes.  Googling for "podcast rss" turns up some more
general guidance.  I've got a feeling there's a Wordpress plugin that
can deal with most of the work for you.  Hope that helps a bit.

Jonny