Dein Daybreak -- new track

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 3 15:45:37 CET 2009

Hey Kai,

I actually like it quite a bit. It's straightforward but efficient, no
problem to have it stick in you mind. Nice bit of pop !

My little comments:

1- The snare is wierd. it seems like it's been heavily destroyed by a
bit reducer and I don't think it works. It's also eq.'ed a little hi for
my taste.

2- I would add a couple of variation is the synth bass line, just
because it's VERY present and it becomes too much of a repetitive
gimmick by the end. The sound is very nice tho.

3. I'm not sure you really got deep bass in the track (?). I was
wondering if removing a bit of bass in the synth of (2) and adding a
clean low bass doing an alternate (or double) lick wouldn't be
interesting. For this one & the previous one, I'd check strict machine
from goldfrapp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2VktozqkSc

4. I would use pads like you do the intro somewhere else. Generally the
track is quite empty and pad-style would definitly lift it. Could be
nice in the chorus or second verse ? Somehow it needs just to be a bit
more dreamy/druggy. I don't know really how to explain this properly.
Although it's not in same style, I'm thinking of the dreaminess of
olive's "you're not alone", the contrast behind the chorus & verse.
Notice also the second verse has a tiny pad that makes it different from
the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQWmG44MLho

5. The kick is a little muddy.

6. Not sure at all of the outro. It's too wierd for a track that is
cruising pop that way.

In my opinion you got a very serious hit contender. Work it, you're
close to something big !!!

Hope this can be of any help.
M.