Last night's DIY

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 12 18:56:52 CEST 2009

James R. Coplin wrote:
> Last night I built a bat detector and sat outside with my son and a cocktail
> listening to the bats overhead. Based on a simple circuit found here:

You'd probably detect more than just bats, like certain insects and the
neighbours television whine. We have a lot of bats that feed just
outside the back window near a light.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can hear bats quite clearly.
Maybe most and especially the larger species of bats have a significant
part of their sonar squeaks reach into easy hearing range.

> About $20 in parts.

You must have built the boutique version ;)