Midi to analog clk

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 11 17:12:00 CEST 2009

Guys,

I recently built a midi to analog clock with an Arduino.
I includes start/stop out and a few division rates (switch selectable) so I
can sync my analog gear to midi clock.
Now I'm thinking of adding a semi random clock but I have no idea of what I
actually want or how to use it;-)
(yes I got too much time) A random clock as such creates a not so musical
effect...
Are there any synths/seqs that have such a feature and how is it
implemented?

So my plan is this:
  val2 = analogRead(potPin2);
  int x;
  x = counter % 3; --- 1/32
  if(x==0){
  digitalWrite(ledPin1,HIGH);
  delay(5);
  digitalWrite(ledPin1,LOW);
  delay(random(5,val2));
PS the counter is started when a start message is received, and it just
counts the midi clock messages. Code not tested, scaling of the potpin2 will
be needed.

Or am I just trying to do something that's not interesting at all? (well,
learning to program an arduino, as easy as it is, was interesting as such)

Anyway, attached my previous version of the code. (the 'good' working one is
upstairs on my linux machine and I'm to bored to go up.) If anyone's
interested, let me know and I'll send the latest version. Arduino's are
cool.

Currently reading Dan Simmons Hyperion, loving it...

Cheers,
ToAd
www.thebigear.be