Studio Chair

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jul 26 10:54:54 CEST 2009

Gorman, Declan wrote:
> Hey all, I am on the hunt for a chair to put into my new studio.  I
> am not interedted in the typical office/executive chair but something
> different that is both comfortable and affordable.  Any suggestions?
> What do you guys use?

The gold standard here in the German speaking parts is the Girsberger
brand. However, particularly their higher end models tend to be an
investment. I got mine just over ten years ago with a massive student
discount (like half the usual price - and it was still bloody
expensive), but it has served me extremely well since and shows very
little signs of age (a few scratches on the leather in the most exposed
corners). It's also an investment into my health, so it was clearly
worth it. I spent the last four years at work sitting in crap chairs,
but luckily I'm back in a decent Girsberger now - so I know the difference.

Not sure that's of help to you - the attribute "different" doesn't
really apply to Girsberger, and neither does "affordable". But consider
the purchase of a chair as an investment into your health, and you've
got the right mindset.

Martin