Doom watch...

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 17 21:43:23 CEST 2009

The Dong schreef:

> I can hardly walk the length of my house when it's bad. This flu seems
> to be very persistent.

Go see a doctor, please. He/she can make a diagnosis and if you don't
trust it, you could always decide not to take medicine.

> The G-Docs line recommends bed rest and paracetamol.
> I can't sleep in the bed because I'm sweating gallons and paracetamol
> brings on tremors and even more excessive sweat. The worst thing is the
> broken sleep and three baths and change of clothes a day.

Tried Neurofen or something of the sort?

> I should be fine though. I think most of those affected fatally either
> became septicaemic or had combinatory immune deficiencies.

True, but don't you smoke as well?

> I prefer not to take antibiotics etc. and I probably wouldn't take the
> Tamiflu anyway, but it would be good to try and prevent others in the
> household suffering this unnecessarily.

Antibiotics won't help anything with a viral infection, but Tamiflu will
keep the symptoms down a bit. We've got two boxes at home, for Yana and
Jean-Luc: my employer has stocks for all employees, so that should cover
all three of us.

Malta was the last EU country to get A(H1N1) infections, and I think
there have been 90-odd cases so far. But it's very densely populated, so
the virus can spread quickly. Not to mention all those illegal
immigrants in the detention centres and camps.

But please, do seek medical advice. I'd hate to see you become a statistic.

- Peter