What do I need?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 7 20:14:43 CEST 2009

Gorman, Declan wrote:
>   So what do I need?  Do I need a new sound card with more inputs?  Do I
> need a new mixer with separate outputs?  How do you guys do it?

Definitely more inputs on the sound card side. I haven't followed the
market for a while, so I can't offer advice. You can still use the mixer
for monitoring and just get a patchbay that allows to route individual
synths to the sound card as required.

There are of course also some nice mixers with multi-channel interfaces
built into them, but unless you feel the need to upgrade your mixer,
they're probably more expensive than a decent sound card and a patchbay.

Martin