Whaddya know?

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 3 10:03:11 CEST 2009

Hi Paul,

>   Well deserved recognition if you ask me!

Thanks but I'm really surprised people still want to do this.  Maybe 20
years ago but now?

I've just sent some 808 and 909 Drumulator EPROMs to synth maestro
Jeffrey Koepper.

http://www.jeffreykoepper.com/
http://www.myspace.com/jeffreykoepper

I think you've dealt with him before?

> Awesome mods

I have Old School think in me which apparently is useful to some people.

> Chris, ever thought about making a hardware, drum unit with a tonne of
> eproms in it? say 16 voices so people can mix and match the soundsets?

It's something I want to do to my Linn 9000s when I get them going
again.  I want to put a rotary switch on the back of each voice card to
select 16 different drums sounds on that card.  This way I can pick and
mix.  TR808 kick drum with Linn LM-1 snare :D

But seriously, in this age of free drum machine VSTs why would anyone
bother?

Case in point: http://rekkerd.org/dsk-music-releases-mini-drumz-2/

20 classic vintage drum machines although not the 20 I would have
chosen.

Actually you should check out the other VSTs they are great too.

http://rekkerd.org/dsk-vsti/

Cheers

Chris