BBC NEWS | Europe | Migrants escape on Italian island

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 29 20:07:08 CET 2009

Peter,

Imo, what you wrote is all about Europe in general from Malta to Finland ...

The solution for me will be something censured .
Do you think we should make a "Central park" or something like that for them
?
with sauna,swimming pool  and churches etc etc ??
what I believe : you give them a finger and they take your arm ,plus knowing
that the s***t in their original/own countries are not solve ( corruptions
??) ,and won t be solve if we carry on this way...
The problem will become bigger and bigger ... As you said and see during
this last years in Malta , you should be prepare for worse .

Politically I don t want to be "left or right"( what is right and left in
the end?),
Recently I mention to people that I am just  "above" . ;)

We are so FREE that we can t talk freely because THEIR FREEDOM !!!
Democracy is not freedom of speech ...  but people believe in this so ...
Well, what can I say is that I m not a fan of Jesus Christ Utopia ...
btw those people on this island are they Christians in general ? ;)

Peace doesn t mean absence of war  ... specially during a
diplomatic continental invasion ...
or should I call this escape or exile from their own countries ???

the Romans did this technique with the Greeks ,as the barbarians did with
them after all... Long long time ago ... but not so long ago ...

Well I'm afraid that humans ( Homo sapiens ? )  will make again the same
mistake as they did in the past  ...

It's all about ignorance I guess ...
Also I should mention there is a difference between  believing and knowing .
The  "smart" people,thinkers,politics,leaders etc  , are a minority,but,they
are elected by a majority who become day after day ,year after year more and
more dumb ( with the help of technology maybe?? ) ...
Believing in words as FREEDOM and swallowing every lies that "politics "
make them  to believe in .why ? Because, it seems, that we are in a
decadence period , where morals and ethics are far gone ...Politic guys want
to  be elected  for actually get power where power is only measured by money
( capitalist system) or to satisfy their own Narcissistic Ego ...
Even if one of them is the exception he won t be able to act directly to
solve this type of problem ... cause human right and  blablabla ....
Do you make an omelette without breaking eggs ?

Then, don t you think it s not good for them (politic guys ) to get this
kind of people(exiled people; who believe in FREEDOM even if  they can't
make it  by them self in their own countries but "give" by us in our own
countries, while during this time we can see our standard rules started to
be against us .

This is the beauty of democracy my friend  ...
 it s all about number .

All in all , don t get me wrong :
I repeat myself I wish I could be wrong ... ;)
i will prefer to live in something like "beautiful world" ...
well for me it s not beautiful , it s dirty and also I can smell the smell
becoming worse.

Cheers
Romain
Ps: sorry for my spelling mistake. ... :S

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> About time for a political posting...
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7848786.stm
>
> The thing is, it's all good and well that the UN criticises the Italian
> government for the conditions in the camp, but with almost 32,000
> immigrants arriving on a total population of 6,000, that's pretty much
> untenable. Before, they would be sent to the Italian mainland and either
> disappear or bribe their way out (it's Italy, after all) and so make
> their way into Europe. And whilst the current Italian government is a
> bunch of right-wing bastards, processing the asylum requests on
> Lampedusa is clearly meant as a deterrent.
>
> Which means that they'll be going to the next closest destination:
> Malta. And trust me, we already have a *big* problem here. In those
> eight years I've lived here, the amount of Africans you see walking
> around has grown exponentially. In 2001, you saw maybe one black face a
> year, now they literally arrive in boatloads, especially since EU
> ascension.
>
> They shred or dispose of their documents, so they can't be repatriated,
> which means they're stuck on this island that doesn't want them, and
> where they don't want to be either.
>
> One of the results is an increase in xenophobia, and there have been
> other nasty incidents with people who are involved with immigrants.
>
> And Malta has been criticised as well for its treatment of immigrants,
> but what solution is being offered? This is not a rich country, it's a
> very full country, and nobody is offering any help.
>
> Just to show a perspective on the news...
>
> - Peter

Romain Gros