Novation SL + Logic 8

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 29 13:31:26 CET 2009

Hi guys ,
I would like to know if one of you can light me on my problem .

With my novation SL everything works good ( Universal automap n:39, and also
with the manuel automap n:38 with )
the thing is: I can control the plugins, mixer, etc ( i m very satisfied)...
but i can't manage  to record them ( even in Logic automation mode).
In logic Environment I take care of the signal flow of course and  I think I
plugged everything alright :
I can see in the first Monitor that I got midi but also controllers (CC) for
the knobs,
I found on the net that I must convert  CC to Midi in Logic to be able to
record them ( somewhere i think it s weird ),
so I use ( still in the Environment ) a Transformer . with a second monitor
attach to it   I can see that my CC are now  midi ...
But still I don t manage to record the knobs  ...
Some are recorded but in a very weird way ( in the hyper Editor )...
I think I miss something somewhere but I dont know what ...

the main problem is :
I can control but can t record ... :(
I know Gert got one novation SL compact  , and i really wonder if he can
record the knobs in LOGIC !... ?
If yes I will be really curious to see the environment in logic .
and also the midi configuration in the Novation SL itself ...  if it s
possible ...

On ableton Live  I think everything goes alright ...

Thanks in advance to help me ...

 Romain

--
Romain Gros