finally a design not made by Apple ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 24 18:07:15 CET 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
>> And I personally now have troubles seeing the use of a desktop...
>> especially now that laptops get a lot more sophisticated.
>
> Modularity. And my ageing desktop probably kicks your laptop in the 3D
> department. :)

Modularity is good for us geeks, but I totally see the appeal of a
laptop for the "average" user who does a bit of e-mail, internet surfing
and the occasional letter. Unless you have a dedicated office room in
your house, it's nice to be able to store away that big furniture called
computer. Portability here means quickly moving the computer away from
the dinner table into the cupboard, and maybe later back onto the sofa.
Not everybody's life revolves around the computer...

Martin