television choice

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 17 17:23:49 CET 2009

Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
> On Jan 17, 2009, at 14:39 , Gert van Santen wrote:
>
>> Philips 42PES0001D (42", 100Hz)
>>
>> or
>>
>> SONY KDL-46Z4500 (46", 200HZ)
>
> Gulp, almost 2000 euros. For the rest very similar screens. With the
> Sony you can get rid of your UPC decoder (be sure to double check
> this) which is very nice. 46" seems a little bit big for your room
> though.
>
> I also read that some of the TVs of this Sony model might suffer from
> heavy 'clouding'. The corners are a bit lighter than the center.
> Especially noticeable during the evening.
>
> Both seem like great choices. But really, 2000 euros for a freaking
> TV?! :)

Yeah, well. I think we deserve a nice tv. The old one is 20 years
now, and we like watching movies, sitcoms and music DVDs. Plus I
haven't bought expensive gear for a while, so it should be cool ;-)

About the 46". I think you might be right. We are probably going
for the 42" Philips (and it's Dutch!).

Thanks for sharing your ideas. :-)

--

:-)