new tv...?

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 13 19:11:37 CET 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 18:26 , Gert van Santen wrote:

> Kristin and I are thinking of perhaps buying one of those new big
> flatscreen televisions.

Good moment to buy, they're dirt cheap right now :)

I'd say, if all things are equal, get Philips, since you're Dutch :)

Actually Samsung and LG/Philips are the two main firms which make the
panels which LCD TV's use. But to be honest, the difference between
real brands such as Sharp, Sony, Samsung, LG & Philips is not that
big. All make good TVs.

Be sure to look and not just buy online and listen to what Andy_R just
said :) oh, and take a look at energy usage. I don't know, but there
might be a big difference between certain models. Plasma used to be
really inefficient but that is less true now.

PS: KILL YOUR TV!!!!!! :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL