Netbook, GCC on windows

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 12 22:28:04 CET 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 07:50:08 Paul Maddox wrote:
> Micke,
>
> hehe, yeah that bit I can do.
> it's more, "how do I compile" "what does the makefile have to contain"
> "what are the output files (debug/release) like" :-)
>
> I've gotten very used to GUI based compilers , like, to compile you
> click "compile" icon or "build all", to change to debug output, select
> it from the drop down menu, and as for what files to include you drag
> and drop them into a window :-)

For making Makefiles, I highly recommend the qmake utility that comes with
Nokia(ex Trolltech)'s Qt (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qmake-manual.html),
particularly if you wan't to be cross platform (it can build Makefile for
several brands of unices, including OSX and Cygwin or Mingw on Windows, as
well as Makefiles for Visual C, Visual C .vcproj files, xcode projects, etc.)
It's very simple if you wan't to do very simple things (most of the time you
only have to specify the list of source files), and very powerful when you
need it to. Only downside: I don't think it is distributed separately from
Qt, so you'll have to install the whole thing (which I also recommend for
developing cross platform UIs).