Netbook, GCC on windows

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 11 23:00:16 CET 2009

P,

Is there any specific reason you want to use GCC ? Microsoft Visual 2008
Express is the pc equivalent of xcode and is free. I'm using it and it's
million time more efficient on the debugging side than workin' with the ol'
gcc/gdb.

M.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Paul Maddox
Sent: dimanche 11 janvier 2009 20:19
To: Music-bar
Subject: Netbook, GCC on windows

Guys,

  Ok, so I joined the netbook world today. I bought an Acer Aspire One
with windows, 120G HDD, 1G Ram, wi-fi, etc, etc and so far I'm rally
impressed. My wife also got one, but with Linux and she's loving hers.
I got windows because I want to retain use of my Compiler
(CodeVisionAVR), and it will only be used for coding work (and VMWare
Fusion's USB interface doesn't work with my programmer, believe me I
tried everything).

  So, I'd like to install GCC so I can build simple command line apps
(the one I wrote on the Mac, I'd like to compile and build on my
little PC), now, is there an "idiots guide" to installing GCC and then
compiling a "Hello World" app under windoze xp?

  Many thanks
Paul