new music recommendations?

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 7 21:26:00 CET 2009

As for new music, I am really digging these folks:

1) Lone.  Check out the debut Lemurian on Nottingham's Dealmaker records.  This is my fav label atm.  http://www.dealmakerrecords.com.  While you're there also seek out Red, Kids in Tracksuits, and Knall Scharff.

2) This release from Hospital captures what I love about this kind of d-n-b : The Future Sound of Cambridge :

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/332269-01.htm

3) Flying Lotus.

4) Martyn.  This is dubstep music with glorious haunting pads, melodies, and atmospheric sounds.  Excellent stuff from this Dutch guy.  Search him on:

http://www.juno.co.uk

5) And a ton more dubstep-based leftfield sounds here and there.

Joost, I'll have a 2009 mix within the next week or so :-) in the meantime enjoy this very rough mix I did for a friend just a week ago (it's got some new and some older stuff on it).

http://www.deeplfo.com/download.php?view.17

Cheers,
Mohsen

p.s. Track listing for the above mix: