New track - Mikael meats Imogen (in his dreams)

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 14 14:21:25 CET 2009

Mikael Hansson schreef:
> Aaaargh! I couldn't stop myself when I heard the vocals Imogen Heap
> released for mixing purposes.
> http://www.imogenheap.com/
>
> I couldn't stop from trying them on the track I was working on. They fit
> without any need for changing the key or even without transposing a
> single bar.

I think there are one or two places where you might want to check
/ change some notes in the music, because there seems to be a bit
of friction between your track and the vocals.

You also you might want to add some EQ and compression to your
track (plus perhaps some reverb to the vocal) in places where the
vocal seems to be glued on top of the song instead of being part
of the song.

The result is really GREAT, though!!!!! I like this song a lot!!!

> Find the result here:
> <http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dmg-immi_the_song_that_never_was.mp3>
>
> I'm not sure I'm allowed to put this on our rpm-album so I'll finish one
> of the other ideas.

Perhaps you might want to check the conditions on the Imogen Heap
website...

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n