A friend of mine died yesterday.

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 17 12:57:20 CET 2009

Oneup, Florian Hufsky, a guy I knew at Metalab and worked with on a
few small things here and there, took his life yesterday.  He was 23
years old, and one of the most brilliant hacker guys I knew ..
72dpiarmy.com, geeq.at, oneup.soup.io.

I am hurting right now, because the last time I saw him I knew he was
down, and he said he was not well and really needed to talk, but I
didn't take the time for him because I was "at the lab, and wanted to
do something creative".  I had other things to do, even though I saw
something in him that I've seen before, a look in his eye I've known
from someone else also not so fortunate, elsewhere, and my alarms were
ringing.  There is nothing I can do now, I don't even know why I'm
sharing this with you, music-bar, but I am very sad for his loss and
the decision he made to end it all.  Maybe I hope music-bar will
understand, music-bar is (usually) always there for me when I feel
like spouting off about something.

Joost you might remember him, we had a conversation with him a couple
of times about various things, he was pretty keen on the GP2X hacking
we were doing, and GPH Wiz and Pandora were projects we were going to
work some more on together this year.  He is the guy who I did the ORF
TV show appearances with at the Museums Quartier in 2007 as part of
the 8-bit gaming DIY discussions being held by the guys at Shop
Subotron/Electric Avenue.. But now its over, a life is no more, and
all we have to remind ourselves of this bright, talented guy, is his
code sitting somewhere on a server, the games people are still
playing, the blog posts I've read 10 times today to just try to say
goodbye, and a never-ending loop of "What IF .. " going on in my head.

Take care of each other, folks.  Life can be good.  OneUp, you master
pixel-pusher, rest in peace.