buying a soldering iron..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 1 05:39:56 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Matt Picone <matman at mysticworks.com> wrote:
>  > Do any of the DIY'ers have any tips (no pun intended) on purchasing a
> soldering iron?
>
> Get the cheap radio shack one that switches between two wattages.

Thats exactly the one I was looking at.

> Do you know how to solder?

Yeah, I did a lot of it in school (I was in a technical program for
electronics that was supposed to be electrical engineering, but as
soon as we got to programming microprocessors, it was clear that was
where my skills were).   I havnt done it in a while, but I have some
broken stuff I was going to practice on before I did any work on
anything that I might miss.

Tony