How dull

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 31 11:51:11 CEST 2009

> Getting rid of 90% or all carpets in the home, replacing with real
> wood,
> linoleum, tiles or laminate saves an awful lot more energy, simply
> because you can clean them without using a hoover.

I did this at home (we've got 3 dogs and carpets don't match with dogs) only to find out my wife complains about cold feet in winter. I got her a nice pair of slippers but she keeps telling that carpets 'feel' warmer.
We still use a vacuum cleaner (like every day - damn dogs) as it's much faster and less work than using a swiffer;-)

> Hey. I found ANOTHER dumped bicycle. A not so old Marin Madrone this
> time. Dumped in a forest, looks like because it got a flat. In not so
> bad condition, elements have started to get to work on it, but I
> couldn't live with the paint job, luminescent orange with spatters,
> gaudy. Plus sun-bleached. It's got a kick-stand!!

I'm looking for a bike like that.... I walk in the woods here in Belgium more than 5km a day. Never found something like that in the woods here. Gee, are Belgian woods cleaner than the UK ones? I doubt that...
I did however find (just the last couple of weeks) 2 mobile phones, a digital camera and 2 wallets. I was able to give them back to the polluting bastards...

Cheers,
ToAd