How dull

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 31 09:37:58 CEST 2009

As is traditional in the UK, we hear nothing about it until it's almost
too late:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1210150/MICHAEL-HANLON-Making-illegal-sell-100-watt-light-bulbs-simply-dimwitted.html

I had wondered why it was more and more difficult to get the 100W bulb
used in our livingroom light. Honestly, I had no clue it was because it
was being phased out completely until today, the day before its phasing
out ;)

Nothing but a 100W will do (too dark) so I suppose we will have to
change the fittings again and use poo lights.. All other bulbs in the
house are power saving, except two.

I don't like these fluorescent power saving lights anywhere but in
bedrooms, cupboards and kitchen. If it's in a place where you need good
light a lot of the time, good luck. From experience, it's bad. As for
LED lighting, cough, is this phasing out of incandescent bulbs also a
massive profiteering venture? (plus the light quality generally sucks,
unless you spend a lot experimenting and, luckily for the sellers,
replace one older bulb with three or four, or more, of the new ones)

I'm going to use a 1000W halogens throughout my house, just because I
can still enjoy the freedom to do so! Mt home will be the shining
light.... :)

Pearls are history!
Choice is an illusion!

Now, if only our gub'mint would outlaw crappy UK confectionery, to be
replaced with tastier EU sweeties. Mainly proper chocolate, but lots of
other sweets are lacking. That I would welcome.