New Mac Question

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 27 23:59:06 CEST 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 23:51 , Gert van Santen wrote:

> Do you think a 7200 rpm HD is a lot better than 5400 rpm? I will
> be doing audio from this disk (I don't want to bring an extra
> hard drive with me all the time)...

That depends a bit... in my case I wanted to replace the 320GB 5400RPM
with a 500GB drive, and looked up and found that the WD Scorpio Blue
500GB 5400RPM was in fact the fastest drive... faster than the Seagate
Momentus 7200RPM.

Since the Seagate is the only 7200RPM drive out there at 500GB, I
suspect that just going 5400RPM is the better choice.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL