+1 for Maschine

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 19 16:27:45 CEST 2009

Got my Maschine yesterday.  I have to admit, it works fantastically.  I was
on the fence but got a good deal on the academic version so I felt
compelled.  The build quality is sold, the feel and function is great.  And
as advertised, I found that I never bothered to look at the computer screen
for the plugin.  The interface on the controller lets one do everything
right there.  There are a couple awkward things about the interface I don't
like and I wish it was more like battery than what it is but overall I
really like it.  Once I get all my library kits imported and tagged it will
be a dream.  Loading a kit and laying in a pattern couldn't be easier.  Once
that's done, it is very fluid with trying out and dropping in other samples.
I am really impressed with how fluid the kits are.  I find that I
automatically load a decent kit, get the pattern moving, and then slide in
"improved" kicks, snares, etc. to really get the feel I'm looking for.
Pretty much aces all around.  It took me all of about an hour to figure out
how it worked without digging into a manual.  If anyone has any particular
questions, let me know!

James R. Coplin