Dual CPU?

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 17 13:44:35 CEST 2009

I don't think its necessary to get a dual socket mobo, but for sure a single
quad core is quite useful .. don't think of it so much as a waste because of
how you work now, more of an opportunity to expand on the way you work and
gain more power for the job.

I hack a lot on my 4core machine at home .. all the power means I can do big
things like run a large torrent load in the background, while still having
beef for good things too .. kernel recompile + blender session + android IDE
+ email + 50 web tabs still open + web server and mysql and django dev tools
and so on + IRC + building other stuff in the foreground + a desktop full of
audio apps, seq24, zynaddsubfx, still running .. 8gigs of RAM, and it means
I can just leave it all up without running into performance issues.

I love my big fat linux workstation, gonna upgrade to a 3ghz 4core cpu soon
(2.4ghz 4core now) ..