Nice article from a pro Musician on switching from OSX, to ..

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 13 16:41:38 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> What happen about the latency ? Can you control more soft synth with
>> linux instead of OSX ?
>
> a properly configured linux DAW kicks all other ass, latency-wise.
> latency is a reason to move to linux, of course with all the ease-of-
> use issues, blah blah.

Getting a fully configured Linux box studio-ready is not a trivial task. But I
agree with Jay - a properly configured Linux DAW is good - I would say amazing.
If you don't need sequencing, then Ardour is scarily professional.

Tony (HB)