Carl Carig, Moritz Von Oswald, and Ravel

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 12 23:29:13 CEST 2009

deeplfo wrote:
> Yeah, samples don't really work here.  You have to appreciate the long, repetitive, winding parts; true to the original :-)

I can imagine - though there are very few modern interpretation of
classical pieces that do the trick for me - it's just too hard to beat
the dynamics and depth of a real orchestra. Notable exception: William
Orbit's "Adagio for Strings" (the up-beat version, not the one on
"pieces in a modern style"), he somehow hit the sweet spot for my taste.

(This is the one I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbIHxKh9bk&feature=related - of course
the sound is cr*p in the usual youtube fashion)

Martin