Anyone peeped this new gear/software yet?

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 10 18:04:56 CEST 2009

http://www.beatkangz.com/

Looks like a modern street-wise MPC/RS7k/ASR-X sampling, sequencing, effects machine. Coming out this October, the software came out at Summer NAMM. Kinda tempting, although $1,000-$1,200 is way outta my range now. If my life and finances ever get back on track, I can see using this as a modern replacement for my beloved RS7k I had to sell awhile back. 256MB RAM, up to 32GB storage via 2 SD cards, 16 tracks, 1 octave drum pad/keyboard ala the ASR-X design, 3.5" screen, and totally portable by using a LiOn laptop style battery.

Is the maschine y'all keep raving about like this? A standalone device that can run without the software on the computer. Or do you need to have it hooked up at all times to a PC/Mac? If so, this Beat Thang Beat Machine beats it by a mile for my needs (hardware only sampling/sequencing).

--komatos