Komplete 5

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 5 23:44:57 CEST 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> I went to demo maschine...and walked out with an MPC...
>
> Reason?  the guy at GC and I spent 30 minutes trying to get it to see
> the sound card, and then the computer kept crashing...
>
> Ok, so..my pc *is* better maintained than the one at GC (it was a mac,
> btw) but the experience highlighted exactly why I didn't just jump
> into maschine from the go:  I spend enough time mucking with computers
> that I really really don't want to in the studio until I have to.
>
> So that's why I got an MPC.  That and they had it miss labeled as a 1k
> instead of a 2500, so I got it for a steel (not much more than mashine
> actually...)

well a 2500 for that price is hard to argue with. I think that
happened to me when I got my virus KC, they listed the price of the
desktop unit :)

The deal right now with the maschine vs mpc thing is down to what you
want to use it for. From what I have read the mpc is still king if you
want to sequence external hardware gear. But maschine is supposed to
get an update that fixes this.

I can not wait to make MPC2500 vs. Maschine videos and upload them to
youtube. There will be lot's of pitched horn samples.

Here are some product demos that are pretty good, with the bonus of
comic relief.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h65aqWqJ2YA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McOVmkFFkHE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVyBcKEOtCw&feature=related