Komplete 5

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 5 22:29:10 CEST 2009

On Jul 29, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:

> the key is kontext (HA)...
>
> in the context of song writing, Kore is great on my laptop as I am
> not sequencing with the computer during that process.  I use the MPC
> or M3 for that part.  in that context, core turns my old laptop into
> a synth thats just like any other synth...just in a funny shape.  I
> bounce it down to samples the same way I do everything else.  When I
> am done with 'stage one writing', I port the tracks over to live for
> 'stage two' which may or may not involve any soft synths at all.
> its actually on a different computer as well, so Kore 2 isnt ever
> involved.
>
> I think when NI made kore, they were on their way to Maschine...but
> not quite there.  In my opinion, Kore 3 should have a 4 octave
> keyboard controller with a color LCD on it thats just big enough to
> show all the UIs for the instruments, and be as tightly integrated
> as possible with each of them (like Maschine is).  well, I can dream
> cant I?
>
> I wouldnt worry about using all of anything.  not everythign is
> always useful.  some times none of it is.

Well looks like an update just came out where you can use the kore
controler as a midi controler, might actually be more useful to me
that way :p I am though excited about maschine switching to a midi
controller with lots of nice templates at the touch of a button. There
is a really nice set of 5 videos on youtube, like maschine demo @ GC
or something, the best "demo" for it I have seen. Makes me really
excited.