Test? Is it safe?

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 29 13:49:17 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> As long as we think it's "normal" to spend three hours commuting every day,
>> we have a problem...
>
> I agree!  Its cities we need to re-engineer, not cars.  Do away with the
> massive soul-crushing machines like Vienna and Paris ..

Ooooh... well.... the only negative soul crunching that occurs in these places
is due to traffic. Large cities with less traffic (London at 3-7am) are
incredible places.

But, yeah. The question is not internal combustion vs electric. Both are largely
fuelled by coal and gas; maybe (if we're lucky) nuclear! So, the whole trip is
gonna cost ya.

I'm guessing some kind of genetically engineered organism that just loves to
produce alcohol, sitting in some great big vat, maybe pumped through channels in
windows of massive skyscrapers, picking up the photons, drinking in the CO2 and
cooling the air internally all at the same time.

Next challenge: Space travel!!

Tony (HB)