Test? Is it safe?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 19:43:36 CEST 2009

Tony Scharf wrote:
> So what you end up with is a poorly performing vehicle, that is not
> environmentally cleaner but has the effect of making the driver *feel*
> good about themselves while not personally having to incur as much
> cost for fuel.

It's good to invest into more efficient cars, but at the end of the day,
there is no way around the fact that the root of the problem is not a
technological one, but that we drive around too much. We have to change
the way we operate, away from the current predominant model of working
in large city centres but living far outside in loosely populated areas
where public transport is difficult to do efficiently. As long as we
think it's "normal" to spend three hours commuting every day, we have a
problem...

Martin