YouTube (was Re: The device we want is near at hand ..)

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 11:17:19 CEST 2009

Paul Maddox wrote:
> It's a great shame that a cool thing like YouTube is being destroyed
> by the penny pinching a**holes in record companies.

I think You Tube was always annoying. There are so many annoying tubes!

I watched a bit of that without sound anyway, but I read the comments ;)

It makes little sense for record companies to spend so much effort only
to get the audio removed from a band video on you tube. wtf?
The strangest part of all is that up until recently, band videos were
not sold to fans and were strictly tools to market bands via the media
of television. Now they are included with some Albums or as extras on
DVD, but that is still a very patchy afterthought. Only an utter twat
would deny that the internet is pretty much the present and future of
both television and media distribution and marketing. For millions, it
is the only contact they have with adverts, new music/film/books/goods
etc. as television has become less appealing or the adverts can be
automatically removed. Fighting the FREE (I repeat, FREE marketing,
networking and advertising) distribution is like wrapping your artists
up in black bags before they go on stage in case someone in the audience
has a camera to take bootleg pictures, then take all the profits of the
concert and employ very expensive midgets that have nothing at all in
connection with the band ethos to burn it on stage.
Just "cos we think it looks good. But WE ARE the discombobulated
businessmen" ;)
Even the BBC is trying -very poorly I add- to use it. Unless You Tube
(and _ALL_ other sites of music and the equivalent of film/TV) can
easily acquire transmission rights/license, just like radio and TV
broadcasters FOR A REASONABLE FEE AND WITH NO DUMB COMPLICATIONS OR
LIMITATIONS, it will end up pointless even turning the internet on at
all at some point. Even posting a picture of yourself could have the
TM/IP police crashing down on you because there is a Coke can and a Smeg
oven in the background and your ugly mug trashes the products image.

It would be great to have a penny pinching a**hole for those times you
spot a £2 coin on an empty seat on a bus and are too self-conscious to
just grab it ;)