USB lcd display

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 11 12:04:47 CEST 2009

I'm actually looking for a windows integration :)

MS-20 controller+eepc running minihost & the ms-20 VSTi.

http://nostromo.noisepages.com/2009/04/08/the-under-400-usd-digital-ms-20/

The idea is to stuff the eee inside the controller but keep a decent direct
interface to change patches for example. Since the eee will be 'onboard',
there will be no screen/keyboard access.

Do you think these can fit the bill ?

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Jay Vaughan
Sent: samedi 11 avril 2009 11:58
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: USB lcd display

these screens are integrated into a lot of the hardware i'm dealing with
lately, my pdev machine has a very old but truly great blue
160x64 from .. ermm .. some german ripoff of crystalfonts, i suppose.
a nice way to keep sysload and other stats on the screen while you push the
machine around doing other things.  run swar, and so on.

> I would like to be able to control a pc from them so it seems like it
> would be good but I was wondering if anyone had any comments.

treat it like a printf() and "tee /dev/ttyLCD0" while you're hacking, and
you're good to go, bonus points if you exploit the onboard terminal
capabilities (shift region, 'pages', charset re-code, etc.) and if you shop
around you can get one that will just do graphics and text through a
hazeltine or vt10x termcap, even ..

be aware that many have a small 8-bit microcontroller onboard that can
confuse you if you do not turn it off/exploit its 'features'.

;
--
Jay Vaughan