Macbook pro 15 vs 17

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 10 21:06:32 CEST 2009

Paul Maddox wrote:
> Andy,
>

>> yeea, now for the glossy vs. anti-glare decision...
>
> the glossy displays stink.
> My macbook has one, and in daylight it's utter shit, totally unusable..

I have a macbook and honestly it never really bothered me, only on an
airplane maybe. I don't usually work outside though.

The new displays are glass, and are more reflective than the old glossy.
In the store they looked pretty close with the glossy just being more
saturated. I want the display that's going to give me the best
image/colors possible with the least amount of distortion, can't seem to
ever find a definitive answer which is more accurate, gloss or matte. I
like the look of the gloss better but wonder if I will kick myself later
if it becomes a problem. The matte does have reflections but are diffused.