Macbook pro 15 vs 17

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 10 11:54:48 CEST 2009

> Jay, that sounds like a great idea. Are SSD's good for recording
> audio and doing Photoshop?

Yup. Its an excellent way to get an instant speed boost in an aging
computer.  You will hardly believe how fast your machine has become
once you put an SSD inside and remove your hard disk.

I have a system I'm working on right now that has 1Terabyte of SSD
inside, 2 Core2Duo chips, 32gigs of RAM, and it is blazing fast ..
like, almost incredible how fast it is.  And this is just the
'developer' version of the machine .. the production version has 32
CPU's in it and over 20 terabytes of SSD ..

For sure, my next major purchase will be SSD's for my Powerbook G4
(which I still have and use) and my MacBook .. then after that, I will
wait a while and see about getting a more powerful desktop/home
computing system for my needs ..