Help / advice asked Windows XP/boot device

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 7 11:50:24 CEST 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> My parents' computer had a BSOD, and at every restart it says
> "Reboot or select proper boot device".
>
> This probably means there is something wrong with the hard drive,
> or at least the computer is not able to find it for booting the
> PC (Windows XP)

Are you sure one of your parents isn't the 'fiddling with stuff I have
no idea what the hell that jargon means, but it can't harm anything to
change it. Oh dear, it's broken. I forgot what I did. I will buy a new
one now and toss this in the bin.' types?

;)