I've just experienced a double disk failure on my raid 0 array

Søren Knudsen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 6 20:43:03 CEST 2009

Yes, you are right. But still. They are only 10 months old, so I figured the first of them to fail had a small build error, but seeing the second one go soon after.... I guess that’s just how long they should last when running 24/7 :?

The first of the replacement discs I ordered was a Samsung Spinpoint F1 Desktop identical to the ones that failed. When I ordered the second, I got the a Samsung Spinpoint F1 Raid, which is allegedly made for servers and not desktops. I'll see if that disc lasts longer (and cost nearly twice as much, but what the heck - I don’t want to lose my data).

Btw, it was of cause not a raid 0 as it says in the subject, but raid 1 array that failed.

/Søren