Box O Trix

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 5 23:05:01 CEST 2009

Updated with some pics of the finished BOT.
I'm quite happy with the result.
I hope to get some samples done sometime next week.
http://modular.thebigear.be/#2.0
ToAd

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Adam [mailto:tom.adam at thebigear.be]
Sent: dinsdag 10 maart 2009 22:16
To: 'Music-bar'
Subject: Box O Trix

Hi,

I recently built a Box O Trix. Info here
http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=boxotrix

Some pic's of my unit here
http://modular.thebigear.be/#2.0

This thing can make some real noise. It's always harsh though,
no subtle distortion here.
I like the gate a lot. It can really kick in fast. The
compressor is nice, but I doubt that the sound quality is the
same as an of the shelf compressor. The Fat's are nice, but
when twisting the drive knob, there is some noise. Nothing to
bad though. The Tubes are really destroying the sound, you need
to use them together with the gates. The Dirt box is yet
another distortion unit that really works well on my xOxbOx. I
won't need another distortion unit soon;-)
I hope to have some samples early next week.
But first I need to make me an enclosure, solve some last
issues, and learn to use the BOT....

Cheers,
Tom