Live Suite Dilemma

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 5 18:26:26 CEST 2009

Gert

Gert van Santen wrote:
>> There's no such thing as genetic improvement, other than what happens
>> through evolution.
>
> That is not true. It is definitely possible to change and
> "improve" any species by genetic engineering.

While I have some doubts about the feasibility, I am certain that this
is not a good thing even if it was possible: It opens the door to put
into practice some very dangerous theories. Previous "experiments" with
building the "ultimate human race" have brought much sorrow to this world.

BTW: Did you see Wall-E? It's a "nice" vision of what happens to
humankind if robots do all the work for us. Yes, it's fantasy, but I
fear it would be rather close to the truth...

Martin