Movie recommendation of the year

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 5 02:02:26 CEST 2009

komatos wrote:
> I'm not usually one to recommend movies here, but after seeing this
> movie on a whim (the wife was bored and wanted to go out last night),
> I can say "hands down" that this movie is one of my top 3 favorites of
> all time (along with the Lord of the Rings series and Terminator 2).
> Stars Nicolas Cage and Rose Byrne, title is "Knowing".  http://www.knowing-themovie.com/
>
> Simply awesome and mind boggling.  The scenes at the end of the movie
> were poignant, bitter, and yet hopeful.  I won't spoil the plot for
> those of you who haven't seen it yet.  It's just a movie that, if you
> understand it, really hits you deep down and makes you respect and
> value the sanctity of life (all life).
>
> -komatos/wasted

So really Nick Cage actually managed to not ruin the movie? ;) I do want
to see it at some point.

Richard Kelly(Donnie Darko) was originally attached to this which is
what peaked my interest in it. Apparently he then became not involved
and went on to make The Box which is supposed to be similar to Knowing.

Speaking of Kelly, I watched Southland Tales, and while most seem to not
like the movie I actually kind of do. On the "this movie is freaking
weird as hell and it has The Rock in it and that makes it even weirder" tip.