Live Suite Dilemma

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 21:39:11 CEST 2009

Hi James

> Their bus organization demands are completely asinine and unworkable in my
> opinion.

Strange as one of the things I like the most about Live is the flexibility
in its bus setup. Anything can go to anything. Sure, a bus can not be setup
as a 'bus' but that is because every track is a bus.  I have a naming
conventions for my bus tracks:

==Drums
==Vocals
==Pump etc etc..

all positioned as the first tracks.

> Also, I kind of compose in a fairly linear manner and I have a
> hard time getting a track to completion in Live.

Im also pretty linear and spend most of my time in the Arrangement view.
The Session view is just an incredible bonus for starting tracks and taking
breaks from the restrictions of linear sequencing, having a quick jam to see
what could sound good next.

But hey, different things get us all hot..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"