Live Suite Dilemma

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 18:24:23 CEST 2009

> How about a system with no money, where all must <supposedly> work,
> just
> like now, everyone is fed adequately, has a computer/laptop/car etc.
> but
> if you want 'special' items, you have to register and wait your
> fecking
> turn. Might teach us all the value of patience and rid us of the 'I
> must
> have everything now on credit' attitude. Those who choose not to
> contribute must live on the very basics. Those who exceed the required
> contribution (we're talking real work and achievement here) get bonus
> specials.

Hooray for Stalinists!  Without them, the streets would be so ..
ermm .. wait.

There are no streets.  Never mind.

> Of course it would work if implemented fairly and across the board.
> 90% of crime near wiped out in a generation.
> Greed and hunger pretty much inexcusable.

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your
newsletter.

Oh, wait.  Nobody wants to write a newsletter.

> But those who are relatively rich now would drown us in cries of
> Communism and Terrorism, declare any country that did this as a rogue
> state and invade as an easy acquisition opportunity throwing insurgent
> babies asunder in their wake. Or, like the electric car, declare it a
> failure before giving it a chance and crush it..

I'm not rich but I do think you are delusional.  Communism just
doesn't work.

> Money is a completely unnecessary and irritating middleman.

Just like 'free will' is utterly useless as well.  If I choose to
reward you for your hard work and efforts by granting you access to a
piece of paper that you can then use to reward others for their
efforts, thats my business.  Not anyone elses.

Don't take away my freedom to reward my fellow man!

;
--
Jay Vaughan