Live Suite Dilemma

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 15:41:31 CEST 2009

Sort of a different observation.  I've noticed that when I take tracks out
of Live and move them over to Cubase, they sound much better.  There is
something about Live that adversely effects the sound in my opinion.

James R. Coplin

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Gert van Santen
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 3:31 AM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: Live Suite Dilemma

punkdISCO schreef:

> So, for an extra 150euros you get 750euro worth of stuff.

That is one of the reasons I fell for it. I have seen a couple of
movies in the past about the sampler for example, and I really
liked what I saw/heard, and I also played with some of the other
instruments before. It's all very nicely integrated indeed, and
it's just very cool that you can make complete productions with
just 1 piece of software without using any other plugins. BTW,
the new mastering racks, including a 3 band mastering limiter,
are very nice. I always thought the compressor was great, plus
extremely easy to use, and now even mastering has become a piece
of cake. Just wondering how Ableton mastering will sound compared
to, say, some of the best Waves or TC electronics or UAD plugs...
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n