4 displays on my mbp? so gonna get this :)

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 01:30:52 CEST 2009

komatos schreef:

> On Apr 3, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Spaces, is that Applespeak for virtual desktops?
>
> Yep, pretty much what Windows has had as an extra feature since
> Windows 98 (via the PowerToys add-on), BeOS has had all along, and
> Linux has had for quite awhile.  OSX can have up to 16 virtual

*cough* _X-Windows_ has had it, or specifically certain Window managers.
I remember using it on an old graphical X-terminal before there even was
Linux.

> desktops (4 rows by 4 columns), BeOS PE 5.0 could have up to 32!!!!
>  From when I remember trying with the PowerToys add-on for Windows 98/
> XP, it had 4 desktops.
>
> Although for me, the multiple desktops just get more confusing as I
> get older.  Easier to just Alt-Tab(Cmd-Tab on OSX) 5-15 different
> programs than it is to switch to another Space and then do some more
> Cmd-Tab'bing.

I un-installed it from XP, I just found it confusing. I used it a bit
more on X, though, but that was also because the resolution was a bit low.

What I do find very handy, though, is RocketDock. It's like the dock of
OS X, but for Windows and it's free.

- Peter