Active Avantone MixCubes

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 28 12:49:30 CEST 2008

> Mate, they sound like shite..  Not sure how well they would be
> suited to
> being a primary set of monitors.  The quoted frequency response is a
> rather
> optimistic 90Hz to 17kHz.

okay thats a deal breaker then.  pity, they sure have the form-factor
down pat for my setup.

> I still find it a lot of fun to use them during the final mixing
> stages.
> Sometime I force myself to do an entire writing session on them and
> then see
> how this translates back to normal speakers.

ah, so you go back and forth between your main monitors and these for
comparisons .. i get it.

> But hey, they look incredible and the passive ones at least, are
> supper
> cheap..

yeah but if they sound like shite, then i'll consider something
else .. in the meantime, i'm still using my ultra-shite cantons.

;
--
Jay Vaughan