Artists vs iTunes

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 27 15:29:49 CEST 2008

K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

> what is an album? it's nowhere near a painting where you can't extract
> individual parts (and even there, sometimes you can). It is a
> collection of songs. Something that makes sense to the artist, but
> what if I only like one of their tracks? should they hate me for not
> buying the whole album or love me for loving their one hit single?

It depends on the album. With certain albums, like the earlier work of
Jarre or Marillion, the album can be considered as a unit (composed of
several songs). With others, you get two or three good tracks, and
rubbish for the rest, whether the artist thinks otherwise or not.

> but I guess that's a matter of personal taste and opinion...,

And the prerogative of the artist.

- Peter