Freakin Mopho

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 26 14:02:40 CEST 2008

M,

> IMHO, a good monosynth with character: $400 is a very good figure yeah.
> Better than the 400 Quids which make it become a little pricey.

aye, let's see what the BOM comes out too and cost of manufacturer abroad.

> Now I want to build a synth too :(

so have a go.
Probably the best place to start is a modular synth, buy a PSU, VCA,
VCF, VCO and EG and you've got a useable synth.
You can then build your own modules and add until you get an idea for
what you want, then make it all in one little box.

It's not difficult, but it does take time, patience and effort. Once
you learn the basic principles building new synths is a lot easier,
the first is the hardest.

I'm happy to help as/when I can if you do decide to have a go.

Paul