BBC NEWS | Technology | Google's Android mobile unveiled

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 20:59:53 CEST 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:

> 2008/9/24 Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>:
>> who uses chicago? I've always thought that you were not supposed to
>> use any font named after a city for print.
>
> That's a general rule of thumb from the olden days, because those
> fonts would be bitmapped rather than smoothed - but the whole point of
> Chicago was that was a bitmap-friendly font. It doesn't matter that it
> would look like poo when you printed it, it's the looking like
> poo-ness that's the desired effect.

was that the desired effect with this as well?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/24/t-mobile-g1-launch-day-roundup/

Android shmandroid, that piece of hardware looks sketchy, even android
fans seem to be busting on it.